"Industrial lubricants aren't something most manufacturers think much about. However, industrial lubricants affect many of the most costly areas of a manufacturing operation: machine downtime, disposal costs, parts failure and labor costs."
Chris Fisk, Vice President and General Manager of Acculube, wrote an insightful article in this month's Plant Engineering magazine discussing 6 common lubricant storage mistakes. As a distributor of Des-Case products, we are always excited to help spread Acculube's message to further promote lubrication best practices.
As Chris states, six common mistakes are...
- Using contaminated containers
- Storing lubricants outside
- Not using color-coded, transparent containers
- Not identifying fill points on the machine
- Failing to flush the line after a contamination
- Not using the oldest purchased lubricant first