The Product Support Engineer will act as a technical product expert and provide assistance and recommendations to the Sales team.
The successful candidate is expected to become fully familiar with the complete line of Des-Case products in order to serve as a single point of contact for technical inquiries and support beyond the Customer Service team.
Working closely with Key Account Managers/Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain and Production, the Product Support Engineer will provide assistance with technical questions, producing product specifications and creating custom quotes when necessary.
- Learn and maintain a high level of technical expertise and knowledge in all current and future Des-Case products
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact to provide engineering and application support to Inside Sales, Regional Sales Managers, and user and distribution partners
- Assist Inside Sales and Regional Sales Managers in sizing products and providing recommendations for standard filtration product configurations
- Troubleshoot application issues with products in the field and take the lead on internal action between quality, engineering, production, and supply chain to provide fast resolutions
- Perform basic thermodynamic and fluid dynamic calculations related to customer-specific configurations and ensure the product can be assembled, will function correctly and meet requirements
- Develop quotes for new product customizations by interacting with Supply Chain, Production, Sales and Regional Account Managers
- Create and maintain price lists for commonly re-occurring product customization requests
- Maintain a log of custom quotations and provide analysis to Product Management with recommendations for standardization or product modifications
- Identify and quote replacement parts when requested by customers and develop and maintain replacement parts lists for filtration products
- Assist Engineering and R&D in development projects and product performance testing as needed
- Maintain and update product training material as new products are developed or obtained through acquisitions
- Provide product overview training to new employees as part of the onboarding process
Background & Other (preferred)
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership and decision-making skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Be a self-starter capable of working both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries and see them through to completion
- Machine lubrication, contamination control, and/or filtration in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience with PLM & MRP systems, preferably Team Center and JD Edwards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but does not represent a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the statements herein do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.