About the Company
Headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee (Nashville area), Des-Case was named one of Tennessee's top workplaces in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and is a leading manufacturer of contamination control products for industrial lubricants. The company was founded in 1983 and―now more than 30 years later― markets an array of products and services designed to help companies make equipment investments last longer. Des-Case has worked with some of the world’s largest companies, both directly and through partners. Its trademarked and patented solutions are marketed through an extensive distribution network, private label distributors, and OEM partners.
The Receiving Associate is responsible for unloading and verifying that incoming deliveries are accurate. This position works closely with Material Handling and Supply Chain to ensure that product is accurately recorded in the system and moved to its location. Duties include unloading trucks, verifying Supplier paperwork, receiving product in the system, putting product away, and logging the appropriate paperwork. This role also assists with delivering raw parts to the production lines, rotates inventory, and aids in cycle counting.
- Receive incoming shipments and deliver parts to the proper areas
- Compare packing lists and purchase order and complete receipt in system
- Examine packages/contents and compare with records, such as packing lists and purchase orders, to verify accuracy of inbound goods, with no damage or shortage
- Support quality control procedures
- Move materials from receiving area to quality area or storage location
- Load and Unload trucks
- Operate forklift
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Maintain position responsibilities with good organization skills
- Work well with others
Background & Other (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to accurately count
- Must be a detailed oriented person
- Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience preferred
- Basic inventory control knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft WORD, and EXCEL
- Fork truck experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per day and lift up to 40 pounds
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but does not represent a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the statements herein do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.